A browser must be used to access a website. Almost all tablets have a browser preinstalled. This can differ depending on the operating system. As a user, however, you are not limited to using the preinstalled browser, and that’s a good thing.
What browsers are there for Android? An overview
Opinions differ when choosing the right browser. Many browsers are suitable for use on an Android tablet and all have advantages and disadvantages.
- The best-known browsers include Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome.
- Google Chrome is characterized by Google as a standardized search engine and quick and easy to use.
- However, many users report that the browser is very resource-intensive and therefore runs poorly, especially on older devices.
- Mozilla Firefox has similar features and is therefore usually the second or first choice when it comes to an alternative browser.
Other browser options for Android tablets:
- The Safari browser, which is already preinstalled on iPhones, has also gained in popularity.
- Opera is also used quite often and is mainly known for the Linux operating system.
- The Dolphin browser is a less well-known alternative, but it shines with its particularly fast performance.
- Ultimately, it doesn’t matter which browser you use. In most cases, the usage is decided by the intention of the user.