Locking the smartphone is a good thing in itself, as it prevents unauthorized persons from accessing your phone. However, it may happen that you forget your PIN or your unlock pattern. In this case, there is still a way to unlock your smartphone and change the PIN.
Android Q: Forgot unlock pattern
If you have forgotten your PIN or your unlock pattern, you can also unlock your smartphone via Google.
- Open a browser on the PC and log in to the Google page with your Google account.
- Now go to the “Account Settings” area and from there to “Security”. Here you have the option to set a new PIN for your smartphone.
- Attention: For this method, your smartphone must be connected to the Internet – either via WLAN or via LTE.
- With the new PIN, you can unlock your smartphone and set an unlock pattern.
- If you don’t have access to your Google account, you only have the option to reset the phone to factory settings .
- With this procedure, however, all data and content on your smartphone will be deleted.
If you are not sure whether your smartphone supports Android Q, you can do so in the tip Android Q: Which devices receive the update? see.