With Android Q you always keep an eye on your data consumption. This is useful if, for example, you have a tariff that has a limited amount of data. If you have a mobile phone flat rate, you do not need to worry about the data volume because you are never throttled.
Android Q: Data consumption – all information
If you want to keep an eye on your data consumption, you can set up a warning that informs you, for example, of half the consumption.
- To do this, open the Settings app and go to “Wireless & networks”> “Data usage” or “Connection”> “Data usage”.
- Here you can set up a warning or set a limit above which the “mobile data” should be switched off.
- It makes sense to set a limit if you have an expensive automatic data system that would cost you a lot of money after consuming your booked data volume.
- Note that the limit is not exactly precise. So you should set a limit that is slightly below the correct value. So you can be sure that the consumption is really stopped at the right time.
- Android offers widgets that allow you to keep an eye on data usage at all times. It is best to download the “3D Watchdog” app from the Google Play Store. With this you can create a widget that always shows you the current status of your data.