If you don’t want your phone to ring in a particular situation, you can mute it. However, if there are calls that you want to answer urgently, you can do so in silent mode. To do this, you must first add the contacts to your favorites.
Android: certain calls received despite silent mode
To prevent your Android smartphone from starting to ring at a meeting, for example, you can mute it at any time. However, if you expect an important call, you can receive it despite silent mode. To do this, you must first add the contacts to your favorites and then activate the appropriate function.
- First go to the contact list on your Android smartphone.
- In the list, select the contact you want to add to your favorites or the contact you want to receive calls from.
- Then activate the star, which is located at the top right. The contact is now one of your favorites. The stone is then shown filled in white.
- You do this for each contact you want.
- Now go to the “Settings” on your device.
- Select the “Do not disturb” menu item here.
- There are now three options at the top. Select the third point “Only important” here.
- Then go to “Additional Settings” and select “Only important interruptions. allow “and then” calls “.
- Here tap on “Only from marked contacts”. You can now exit the settings.