It can happen that you are inattentive for a moment and then no longer know exactly where your smartphone has gone. In this case there is the location system that allows you to find your cell phone again. However, this function must be activated for this. It is best to use a tracking app.
Find Android – how to find your phone
To be able to use the location function of the cell phone, you should download and set up the “Android Device Manager” app. You can then find your mobile phone again with the Find my devices page from Google.
- Search for the Find my Device app in the Google Play Store and download it.
- Log in to the app with your Google account and allow the app to access your location.
- Make sure that under “Settings”> “Security”> “User”> “Device administrator” there is a green check mark next to “Find my device”.
- If your device is now lost, you can find it on the Google Find page. To do this, open the page and log in.
- Now you can select your smartphone in the top left and locate it. The location of the smartphone is then shown on the map in the right-hand area. You also have the option of deleting your data from your cell phone using a PC if it falls into the wrong hands.