The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip is the first foldable smartphone from Samsung that is still a smartphone and not a tablet when unfolded. You can find out which specs the Z Flip has here.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip: these are the specs
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip offers most of the high-end features in a foldable format.
- A powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+ is installed as a processor, which also operates very energy-efficiently thanks to its 7 nanometer design.
- It has a total of 8 cores with up to 2.95 gigahertz and works together with the graphics unit Adreno 640.
- The whole thing is powered by the 3300 mAh lithium battery, with which quite good battery life is possible. Fast charging with 15 watts via USB-C cable and wireless fast charging are also built in.
- The system has 8 gigabytes of RAM and 256 gigabytes of memory, which is much faster with the UFS 3.0 standard than previous versions. However, the memory cannot be expanded.
- In addition, the Galaxy Z Flip has a normal, and a wide-angle camera on the back.
- Both cameras have 12 megapixels and are currently among the best smartphone cameras on the market.
- The camera system enables very good photos and can also record videos up to a resolution of up to 2K and in HDR 10+. Slow motion videos are also possible with up to 960 frames per second in HD resolution.
- On the front, the Z Flip has a 10 megapixel camera, with which HDR photos and 2K videos can be taken.
- Another feature is the fingerprint sensor , which is located on the right side and ensures security.
- Headphone jack and 5G are not available.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip: this is the screen data
The main feature of the Samsung Galaxy Z Flips is of course the foldable display.
- This is a foldable, dynamic AMOLED display with a Full HD resolution of 1080 x 2636 pixels and the ability to display HDR 10+ content.
- It is also quite large at 6.7 inches and has a long aspect ratio of 22 to 9. It is protected by foldable glass, but over which a protective layer of plastic has been placed.
- A special feature of the display is the possibility of free positioning. In this way, you can only open the display halfway without it opening or closing completely.
- For example, you can use it to place the Z Flip on a surface without a tripod and take photos or videos.
- The Z Flip also has a smaller 1.1-inch Super AMOLED display on the front to display messages or incoming calls when closed and to help you take selfies.
- It has a sufficient resolution of 112 x 300 pixels and takes on the color of the device when not in use.
In another practical tip, we will explain how the technology of foldable displays works on smartphones .