- 1 1. VPN client for Android: Hotspot Shield VPN
- 2 2. VPN client for Android: Tunnelbear VPN
- 3 3. VPN client for Android: SurfEasy VPN
- 4 Free insider tip: Bitmask for Android
If you want to surf securely via a VPN on your Android phone, this practical tip compares the three best VPN clients for Android.
1. VPN client for Android: Hotspot Shield VPN
“Hotspot Shield” is one of the best-known VPN clients that millions of users worldwide use on both their PC and Android smartphone.
- ” Hotspot Shield VPN ” directs your connection in the basic version via an American proxy server and thereby enables you to surf anonymously.
- On the one hand, you can surf safely and, on the other hand, you can access websites that are not available in Germany.
- The app detects unsecure WiFi connections and automatically activates HTTPS protection.
- In the free version, you can surf the Internet unlimited via “Hotspot Shield VPN”, but the bandwidth is limited. In addition, the IP location is fixed to the United States.
- You can activate these features, removal of all advertising banners and use of “Hotspot Shield VPN” on up to 5 devices for 12.99 euros per month or 7.99 euros per month when purchasing an annual subscription via in-app purchase.
2. VPN client for Android: Tunnelbear VPN
An alternative to “Hotspot Shield VPN” is the free “Tunnelbear VPN” app.
- ” Tunnelbear VPN ” provides you with a free volume of 500 MB per month.
- In addition to Android , the service is also available on iOS , Mac and Windows .
- To be able to use the app, you must first create an account using your email address.
- Your connection is anonymized via a foreign proxy server. In addition to the USA and Germany, 21 other countries are now available as geolocations.
- If you are streaming videos or music, you will quickly reach the limits with the included volume of 500 MB. With an in-app purchase, you can unlock unlimited data for $ 4.99 a month.
- In addition, there is the “Teams” package for $ 5.75 per month, which also allows more than one account in the subscription.
3. VPN client for Android: SurfEasy VPN
Another popular VPN client for Android is “SurfEasy VPN”.
- ” SurfEasy VPN ” connects you after creating an account via proxy servers in 28 countries worldwide.
- The included volume is 500 MB per month, you can expand it by more than 1 GB free of charge by recommending the application to your friends or by rating it in the Google Play Store.
- For unlimited data volume, you pay $ 1.99 per month for in-app purchase on one device, which is cheaper compared to other providers.
- In addition, you purchase access to a dedicated customer service and also have a 14-day money-back guarantee.
Free insider tip: Bitmask for Android
- Alternatively, you can use the free Bitmask app in combination with Riseup.
- To do this, create an account with riseup.net . You can then enter the website as a provider and log in with your user data in Bitmask.
- You can activate and deactivate the VPN connection using the on and off button.
There are also some recommended VPN tools for the PC. The five best VPN providers , we present the next practical tip.