For students who are looking for a job, Zenjob offers a free app. It promises students suitable jobs, quick money and flexible planning. We took a close look at the app.
ZENJOB – The job placement app for students
Go broke today, quickly earn a few euros to top up the student fund? No problem with the Zenjob job app. It arranges short-term jobs on a daily basis for students in various cities in Germany. This means that they only work if they really have the time and desire to do so, try different jobs and get to know different companies. But it is also possible to arrange student contracts (contract duration 3 -18 months). Find out more here.
- The Zenjob job app is only intended for students who are studying full-time, speak German and have a valid ID card and an Internet-enabled smartphone.
- Registering with Zenjob is very easy. First of all, you have to enter your details (name, city, short description, etc.) in an online form.
- After checking your data, Zenjob invites you to an interview (interview). You will also be asked about your personal interests and previous experience. You will also be informed about the rules (strike system) and the legal framework.
- If everything fits (matriculation certificate, social security number, tax ID) and the framework agreement has been signed, all you have to do is download the app from the Google store or app store to your mobile phone (Android / iPhone). Then ZENJOB unlocks the app and the job search can start!
- You will receive short-term job offers (office jobs, inventory, catering, etc.) on your app. The respective hourly wages (at least EUR 11 per hour) are also noted in the offer. If you choose a job, you will get an acceptance or rejection within a few hours.
- If you agree, you will receive an individual contract. You must print this out and send it in at the end of the month for the total settlement.
- As soon as you start your job, start the time recording in the app. You stop them after you have finished working. The total wage is calculated from the hours. Half (50%) of the net wages will be transferred to the specified account within a few days.
- If you accept a job, Zenjob naturally assumes that you take it on. If you do not do this without feedback (e.g. due to illness), you may be excluded from the system.
- But you also have the right to cancel at any time, simply delete your user account. If you have accepted a working student contract, you cannot work as a short-term employee at the same time.
- If you as a student need a fixed income at the end of the month, temporary agency work via the app is less suitable, since the job offers naturally depend on the demand of the companies. However, if you want to earn some extra cash now and then, the app is a good option.
These rules apply to short-term employment
You sign a framework agreement with Zenjob. The jobs placed are short-term jobs as long as you do not work more than 70 working days a year. For short-term employment, certain legal rules apply, which we will briefly introduce to you below.
- During the lecture period, full-time students can work a maximum of 20 hours per week.
- Students pay no additional for short-term employmentContributions to health, nursing and unemployment insurance. Short-term employment is therefore free of social security.
- The wages from the individual short-term employment relationships are added together. As long as the student stays below 450 euros with his job, he does not have to pay income tax.