It’s very quick: you are careless for a short time and your smartphone falls on the floor. The display already has an unsightly scratch or crack. With most newer models, like the Xiaomi MI 9, the repair is possible, but not so easy.
How to repair the Xiaomi MI 9 display?
To remove the display of the Xiaomi MI 9 , you need a hot air dryer, a micro screwdriver and several picks. It is best to have a plastic spatula on hand.
- The first thing you need to do is warm up the edges of the back of the phone. Then attach a suction cup to the back and pull it up slightly.
- Now slide a pick or plastic spatula into the opening between the front and back. Slide the pick along the edge and remove the back cover from the device.
- Unscrew all screws and remove the induction charging module.
- Remove all connections to the motherboard, the SIM bracket, and any screws that hold the motherboard in place.
- Next, take out the ear sensor and the entire lower part of the board.
- Remove the battery and all other components. Now you can put everything back in the new display in reverse order. Finally, stick the back cover back on so that it holds properly.
Do not trust yourself to repair the display in small parts, just take your Xiaomi to a repair service near you.