Sending images to our loved ones has become very common. But there are many who often wonder if Telegram is safe to send photos .
Security is one of Telegram ‘s hallmarks . The instant messaging application has won over many of the users who came from WhatsApp precisely because the security holes in the Meta app made many users flee to other alternatives.
However, despite this, when we send a photo through any messaging app we always have some small risk.
The text messages that we send via Telegram are perfectly encrypted, so that they remain out of the reach of hackers and the like. This is something that has been criticized even by governments, which have found this security a problem for certain police operations.
But when we talk about images things change. And it is that many users have the application configured so that the photos that arrive are saved directly in the Gallery . And obviously once the image is in the recipient’s Gallery , Telegram’s security systems no longer work. if we have any spyware on our smartphone, it could have access to those images.
One way to avoid problems of this type is that we do not activate the Save in Gallery option within Telegram , which is what causes the photos to be downloaded automatically. But not only would we have to have it disabled, but also the person to whom we send the images. The less remains we have of our photos on the phone, the greater our security.
DANGERS OF SENDING PHOTOS ON TELEGRAM
- Hackers: As we have mentioned before, the main problem that we can find when sending photos via Telegram is that we have some spyware installed. This would mean that the moment we save an image in our gallery, hackers could access it. And therefore it could access all kinds of data that is deduced from that photo.
- Private Image Broadcasting : The moment you send someone a picture, you have totally lost control over it. That person can forward it to another, who in turn can also broadcast it. So there could be a situation in which a private photo could end up going around the smartphones of half the city. Countless cases of problems similar to these have already been detected, especially in the case of adolescents who send intimate photos to couples that end up being less lasting than it seems. Therefore, you must be very careful when sending certain photos.
- Extortion: Related to the previous danger, a person who has a private image of you could threaten to spread it if you do not do what they ask. Many cases of extortion for money, and also for personal favors, have been reported.
- Photos with viruses: This risk exists especially if we are dedicated to forwarding memes that we have received. Some of the photos that are regularly spread by Telegram groups have an associated virus that causes malware to be installed on our smartphone that could be a problem. That is why we recommend that you never save any image in the internal storage of your phone that you are not sure where it came from, since you could find yourself in big trouble.
- Photos saved in the cloud: If a photo of you is sent via messaging, it will not be completely deleted from the Internet for a long time, so repenting and going back could be quite difficult.