If you are traveling by car in unknown areas, it is practical that you can simply use your Android smartphone as a navigation device. But if you only have a few mobile data left, it will be difficult. Therefore, download maps beforehand via WLAN and use them
Offline navigation: Android – use maps without internet
To be able to use your Navi app offline , simply download the relevant section of the map to your mobile phone. Make absolutely sure that your device is connected to the WLAN when downloading, otherwise you will use up your mobile data volume.
- Open the Google Maps navigation app . If necessary, download the app beforehand from the Play Store.
- Touch the three horizontal lines at the top left of the search.
- A menu now opens here. Tap on “Offline Maps” in the list of options.
- Then tap on “Choose your own map” and define the area you want to download. You can also zoom in or out on the map to reduce or enlarge the section.
- Finally, click on “Download” to save the map on your mobile phone.
If you would like to use the card offline, completely without WiFi or mobile data, click on the corresponding file under “Offline maps” under “Downloaded maps”. It is usually referred to as “Card 1”. If you click on the three dots to the right, you can give the offline map an individual name or remove it from your device if necessary