It can happen that your smartphone has some errors and does not work properly. In this case a hard reset can help. With this, the entire smartphone is reset to factory settings and previous data is deleted. A hard reset can be carried out in several ways.
Android Q: Hard Reset – how to reset your phone
A hard reset can be done in several ways:
- Before performing a hard reset, you should back up your smartphone .
- Simply activate the Google backup. With this, all data and settings are saved on the Google server and can be called up by you at any time.
- Open the settings and tap on “Backup and reset” and then on “Back up my data”.
- All your data is now encrypted on a cloud server and can be used to set up a new smartphone if necessary.
- If you want to reset your cell phone to factory settings, open the settings again, but now tap on “System”.
- Now select the “Reset” item and then go to “Reset to factory settings”.
- Now enter your device PIN and the smartphone will be reset to the factory settings.
- Wait for the phone to restart completely and do not switch it off manually in between. This can lead to an unrecoverable error.