Need to install Android Studio? There are, as you will see, many valid reasons for doing so, whatever your level of use – developer or simple curious user. Follow this quick tutorial to find the download link, and learn more about this Android development suite.
It often happens that as part of a tutorial it is asked to install Android Studio. We offer the download links for the suite, as well as the only ADB and Fastboot tools that are common to download. These are included in the suite, but downloading them alone can save space.
How to install Android Studio on PC, Mac and Linux
To do this :
- Go to the official Android Studio website by clicking on this link
- Click on Download Android Studio
- Launch the installation program or follow the installation procedure corresponding to your operating system
Note : if you are not a developer, we recommend that you install the suite with the standard parameters.
You may only need some of the tools in the suite. In general, when you want to root your smartphone, the Android Debug Bridge (ADB) and Fastboot tools will suffice. You can download them via the following links:
- Download ADB and Fastboot for Windows
- Download ADB and Fastboot for Mac
- Download ADB and Fastboot for Linux
Read also: ADB and Fastboot finally available without downloading the Android SDK
What is Android Studio for?
Initially this suite is designed primarily for developers of Android applications. But over time it has brought a wider audience, in search of more advanced use of the mobile operating system or emulation on PC. Android Studio is indeed (non-exhaustive list):
- An all-in-one suite to create your applications from A to Z, test them and publish them on the Google Play Store
- A tool to run any application or project on any compatible Android device
- An intelligent Kotlin, Java and C / C ++ code editor
- One of the best free Android emulators on PC, Linux and Mac (Android Emulator)
- A suite of tools to unlock the bootloader of your smartphone and root it
You see it, even if you are not an Android developer, it is possible that you need to use it for one reason or another. Have you installed Android Studio? Have you encountered any difficulties in using it? Do not hesitate to say so in the comments!