We show you here how to encrypt messages via WhatsApp, how to activate encryption and set it up quickly. WhatsApp offers end-to-end encryption , which is intended to ensure that only the person you chat with (write WhatsApp messages) can see the content, no one else. End-to-end encryption is always active and cannot be switched off.
Check / activate end-to-end encryption on Android smartphones
- Make sure that you and the person you are exchanging messages with have the latest version of WhatsApp
- Open WhatsApp and go in the app menu (rechst top of the app the three points) on Settings
- Choose the item Account and then ” Security “
- You will now see a page with a ” green lock symbol ” that confirms the end-to-end encryption
- To be on the safe side, you still have the option to ” display security notifications ” to be always informed when a contact’s security number changes. Check end-to-end encryption for group chats
Communication in group chats is usually encrypted end-to-end. But if you want to check this, follow the points:
- Make sure that you have the latest version of WhatsApp have
- Open a group and select the group menu (rechst top of the app the three points) the point group info
- Scroll down a little, you should now find the item ” Encryption ” with a closed ” green lock “. If this is not the case click on the point for more information.