With a Chromecast, you can access streaming services from your TV. Before this is possible, the device must be connected and set up. For this you need your smartphone and the associated Google Home app, which you can download free of charge from the relevant app store.
Here’s how to connect your phone to the Chromecast
The Chromecast from Google is a streaming adapter that allows you to stream content from your smartphone to your TV. To use the Chromecast, it is necessary to connect it to your smartphone.
- Connect the Chromecast to your TV using an HDMI cable.
- Then connect the device to a power source using the supplied power cord.
- Switch to the channel of the selected HDMI connection on your TV.
- The Chromecast starts automatically. To set it up and control it, however, a cell phone connection is required.
- To do this, download and install the Google Home app on your smartphone.
- Once the process is complete, open the app.
- Then tap on the plus symbol and then on “Set up device” .
- In the next step, select the “Set up new devices” button. The Chromecast now automatically searches for suitable devices in the area.
- Log in to your Google account as soon as requested and follow the instructions to connect your smartphone and Chromecast.