The Google Pixel 4 and the iPhone 11 score with excellent cameras. We compare both devices and explain which smartphone is the better choice. In the video we show the iPhone 11 in the CHIP test.
Google Pixel 4 vs iPhone 11
- Both the Pixel 4 and the iPhone 11 come directly from the manufacturers of their respective operating systems. This guarantees system updates for the coming years.
- Both devices also come from the higher price segment and especially want to inspire with a high-class camera.
- In order to find out the differences, a differentiated view is necessary. We show the differences in display, housing, camera, etc.
Pixel 4 or iPhone 11: display comparison
At first glance, there are numerous differences on the display:
- With a display diagonal of 6.1 inches, i.e. around 155 millimeters, the iPhone 11 is slightly larger than the Pixel 4. This has only a 5.7 inch screen diagonal. That corresponds to 127 millimeters.
- While the Pixel 4 comes with a resolution of 1,080 x 2,280 pixels despite the smaller display, the iPhone 11 only has 828 x 1,792 pixels. This corresponds to a pixel density of 443 ppi for the pixel and 324 ppi for the iPhone.
- An AMOLED display in 19: 9 format is used for the Pixel . At Apple, it is an OLED display in 19.5: 9 format. Both image technologies are quite similar and promise strong contrasts. On the other hand, images can occasionally appear slightly saturated.
- The Pixel 4 is notchless, but has slightly wider edges. The iPhone comes with a large notch.
- If you are not looking for a particularly large device, the point here goes clearly to Google.
Housing: Pixel 4 against iPhone 11
Both devices come in high quality in glass or aluminum and in many different colors. There is only a difference in weight.
- At 162 grams, Google’s pixel is slightly lighter than an iPhone 11.
- The Google Pixel also does better overall in this discipline.
Hardware: Pixel 4 vs. iPhone 11
In terms of hardware, both devices have strengths and weaknesses:
- The Pixel has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 as processor, the iPhone has its own A13 Bionic. Both models are pretty fast.
- The Apple device, on the other hand, has a weaker memory. With six gigabytes, Google’s Pixel installed two gigabytes more than the iPhone.
- However, the iPhone does better with the battery, with 3,110 mAh to 2,800 mAh for the pixel.
- Both devices are available on the market with different storage capacities. With Google these range up to 128 gigabytes, with Apple there are also 265 gigabytes for an extra charge. An SD card slot is missing on both sides.
- Both the Pixel and the iPhone can score with DUAL-SIM slots for the Nano-SIM format.
- With different advantages and disadvantages, both smartphones do roughly the same.
Connectivity and sockets on smartphones
Both devices are set up equally well on contactless transmission, but Apple continues to cook its own soup with the socket.
- Both phones can handle WiFi, Bluetooth and NFC.
- While Google uses the standardized USB-C connection , Apple relies on its own proprietary Lightning connection . A lot of accessories need an adapter.
- There is no AUX connection for headphones on any of the devices. An adapter is also not included.
- Another point for Google: the standardized charging port allows the use of a wide range of accessories.
Camera: iPhone 11 or Pixel 4?
Apple in particular is known for its good cameras. Can Google keep up here?
- Both devices come with two cameras. The main camera of the iPhone 11 shoots with 12.2 megapixels, the secondary wide-angle camera with 8.3 megapixels.
- Focusing and adjusting white balance and ISO settings are done automatically.
- Google’s front camera only has a resolution of 8 megapixels, so it cannot keep up with Apple’s 12.2 megapixels. Both are missing a flash on the front.
- So Apple takes the lead.
Other equipment features
Google has installed another new technology, but Apple scores with the accessories.
- Google convinces with the pixel with a gesture control via radar, which occurs for the first time in a smartphone. The user can control the music playback without contact.
- Apple, on the other hand, is superior when it comes to accessories, even if everyone has enough wired headphones lying around at home these days.
Conclusion: who is ahead?
- Google can be noted the attention to detail, in many places the pixel is slightly superior to the iPhone in terms of technical data.
- Apple, however, continues to install the better camera, at least on the front of the device. Google has caught up a lot here, but is still not quite as good as the quality of the iPhone camera.
- But don’t forget that the Pixel 4 is still significantly cheaper than the iPhone 11.
- Which device is the better choice for you still depends on your own needs and priorities.
- In our smartphone leaderboard , however, the iPhone 11 is clearly ahead. It occupies place 14 and pixel 4, on the other hand, place 24 (as of March 30, 2020).
Smartphone price comparison
Depending on the provider, there are sometimes drastic price differences. With the price comparison portal Bestcheck you can find the best price at a glance: