If you are using an Android device, but you still do not want to do without the AirPods, you can simply pair the two devices. However, this does not happen automatically as with the iPhone. Nevertheless, you only need a few steps to connect the headphones to the Android.Date: 11.03.2020
How to use your AirPods with an Android smartphone
If you have an Android, you can usually not use any additional devices from Apple. However, this is different for the AirPods, since they work via Bluetooth. The coupling between AirPods and an iPhone is almost automatic, but with Android, several steps are necessary. All you need is the synchronization button on the headphone charger.
- Place the AirPods in the supplied charging case and connect it to a power source.
- Then open the cover of the housing. Now watch the LED, which usually indicates the charging process.
- Press the synchronization button on the housing and keep it pressed until the LED flashes white . This is an indication that the headphones are in pairing mode.
- Now go to the settings on your Android device and select the menu item “Connections”.
- Here you go to the “Bluetooth” option to activate the function.
- The headphones are then displayed under the available devices. Select this to connect the AirPods to the Android.