With a smartwatch, you have the option of recording your current fitness status or of accepting messages and calls. If you would like to add further functions to your smartwatch, you only need to install the corresponding Wear OS apps on your Android Q device.
How to install Wear OS apps on Android Q
Android Q is the tenth version of Google’s popular operating system. As with the predecessor, it is possible to couple selected smartwatches with it. Smartwatches make it easy to access features on your Android device. To make this possible, it is necessary to install the corresponding apps.
- Open the Google Play Store on your Android Q device. Now enter the name of the desired app in the search bar and start the search.
- Use the “Install” button to download and install the app on your device.
- Now activate your smartwatch using the “On / Off” button.
- Then go to the “Google Play Store” on your watch.
- Select the menu item “Apps on my smartphone” here.
- Here too, the “Install” button is located on the app on the smartphone. Tap this to install the application on Wear OS as well.
- Note that both devices must be paired for this. You can also install apps directly from the store on the watch. However, not all applications offer this function.