Using iPhone as a Modem
Apple has endowed its products with the ability to distribute the Internet like a router, which has become especially important with the advent of 3G and 4G communications. iPhone as a hotspot makes it possible for other iOS devices to connect to the network.
To enable tethering on iPhone, follow these steps:
- Go to “Settings” and go to the “Cellular” tab, in some cases the “Modem mode” menu will be displayed in this window.
- Select “Cellular data network” here.
- We go to the very bottom of the screen, this is where the option we are interested in is located.
- This window may be asked to enter a username, password and APN. As a rule, for all mobile operators, enter the word “Internet” in the APN field. If this is not the case, then it is best to ask the support team.
- Now you need to go back to the “Settings”. An active link to the Internet distribution tab should appear here.
- Now, to turn on the tethering mode on the iPhone, you need to go to “Cellular” again and switch to “On.” this function.
Now you can use the iOS gadget to open the network to other devices.
Connection Methods on iPhone
After all the procedures, a proposal will appear in the menu about the method of data transfer: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth or USB. To decide which one to use, you need to know their features.
If you use Wi-Fi transmission, the option will turn itself off if there are no connected devices on the line.
With a Bluetooth connection, you need to activate signal detection on your iPhone and pair it.
To do this, go to “Settings”, “Bluetooth”, “Create a pair”.
You can also use your iPhone as an access point via a USB cable. In this case, you need to connect the device to a laptop or computer using a USB cable.
If this is the first time you are setting up the Internet distribution from the iPhone, then be prepared for the fact that you may not find the desired item among the phone options, which is a consequence of the lack of the necessary operator settings on the device used to connect to the network. The situation can be corrected by making the appropriate adjustments manually:
- In the device settings, go to the “Cellular” section.
- We select “Cellular data network”.
- In the “Modem mode” block, enter the appropriate data, taking into account your mobile operator.
- In the APN (Access Point Name) line, write tele2.ru .
- Leave the fields for filling in the name and password empty.
- In the column for the name of the access point, we write internet.mts.ru .
- Login and security key will be the same – mts .
- The wireless point should be called internet.beeline.ru .
- We specify beeline as both the username and the key .
- In this case, the name of the point must be internet .
- In both lines, to enter the login and password, we write gdata .
If you have a different operator, we indicate the same information as for Megafon. After returning to the main menu of the smartphone settings, you will see that the “Modem mode” item has appeared and, in accordance with the above instructions, you will be able to distribute the Internet from your smartphone to other iOS devices.
Difficulties of use
Sometimes it happens that the access point function disappears by itself. In this case, it must be re-enabled and configured, that is, follow all the steps described above. This happens most often after a software (firmware) update. For the reason that Apple wants to absolve itself of responsibility for the operation of this application, and in the future, perhaps, completely abandon it.
The iPhone is equipped with a useful option that allows you to share the Internet with other devices. To use it, you just need to configure the modem mode on your phone once, and you can use your gadget as a device that distributes the Internet in any way.