When we buy on AliExpress , one of our biggest fears is that the order that arrives is not what we expect. And it is that the popular Chinese portal acts as an intermediary between the buyer and the seller, so it is normal to be afraid when it comes to needing a return. But if what you have received is not exactly what you expected, you can open a dispute and request your money back. If you don’t know how to do it, in this post we are going to tell you how to open and win a dispute on AliExpress in 2022 .
If you want to open a dispute, the first thing you should do is enter the AliExpress app and access the My Orders section. In the list of orders, find the one with which you had the problem. In the menu that appears next to it you will have to click on Open dispute .
Next, you will have to fill out a form in which you explain, in as much detail as possible, what is the problem you have encountered with the order. Although it is not mandatory, it is recommended that we attach photos or videos that clearly show the defect of the item that has arrived. Once you send it, the seller will have a period of 15 days to answer your dispute. In the event that your request is ignored and after those 15 days you have not received a positive or negative response, your dispute will be accepted and you will receive your money back.
In the event that the seller accepts your dispute, you will also receive your money. And in the event that it rejects it, it will be AliExpress itself that will have to take sides with one of the two parties. Therefore, we recommend that your dispute be well founded so that there is a better chance of winning it.
TRICKS TO WIN DISPUTES ON ALIEXPRESS
As we have mentioned, AliExpress is not like other stores where the customer is always right, and there is a possibility that the dispute will be rejected and we will not be able to receive a refund of our money. Therefore, it is important that we take the process seriously to have more chances of winning. Next, we are going to give you some tricks to win disputes on AliExpress that can be very useful for you:
- Explain the problem well: In the event that the seller does not accept our dispute, AliExpress must be as objective as possible when making a decision. And the vaguer the definition of why we have opened that dispute, the more likely it is that we will reject it. The more information you provide, the greater the chances that they will end up agreeing with you. Therefore, we recommend that you provide as much information as possible so that it is clear what the problem is.
- Attach photos and videos: Sending graphic evidence that we have indeed had a problem is one of the best ways to prove that we are right.
- Do not abuse disputes: If almost every time you place an order you open a dispute, AliExpress will probably stop taking you seriously and reject your disputes almost by default. It is important that we open a dispute only when we have a coherent reason for it, avoiding trying that to see if it slips to get our money back and get the product for free.
- Read AliExPress messages well: This will prevent you from closing a dispute prematurely, choosing a return when it has costs, or accepting the agreement with the seller if AliExpress’s resolution is more favorable.
- Make sure of what you bought: Before opening a dispute, try to be sure that what you consider to be a fault is not something that was warned on the product page.