If you have bought a new cell phone and now want to transfer all data from the old to the new smartphone, you do not always have to go through the tedious process of PC backup. You can also transfer the data directly from one cell phone to the other.
Android Q: Transfer data to new cell phone
There are different ways to transfer the data from the old smartphone to the new one.
- You can transfer the data via your WLAN . To do this, simply start the new smartphone and tap on “Let’s go” as soon as possible.
- Then go to “Copy files” and connect to your WLAN.
- Now select “Backup from an Android smartphone” and log in with your Google account.
- Select your old smartphone and tap on “Set up my device”. Confirm the process on the old smartphone.
- Tap on your new smartphone and compare the access codes. If they match, tap “Next”.
- Now unlock your old smartphone and confirm the process one last time. All data should now be copied to your new phone.
You also have the option of using an appropriate cable to connect the two smartphones together. However, this method does not work with every smartphone.