Your Xiaomi MI 9 may no longer work properly or you may want to sell it. In this case you should reset the device as this process fixes most errors and also deletes all your data. A hard reset can be done in different ways.
Xiaomi MI 9: Hard Reset – these options are available
You can trigger a hard reset either via the settings, via the recovery menu or via an external program.
- If you want to reset the smartphone via the settings, first go to “System”> “Advanced”> “Options”> “Reset”.
- Here you continue to tap on “Delete all data” and the phone will be reset.
- If the MI 9 no longer comes on, the Android recovery mode helps. To do this, press and hold the power button and the volume down button until the manufacturer logo appears.
- Now a menu appears in which you can select “wipe data / factory reset”. Confirm the option with the power button.
- In general, you should create a backup before you reset the MI 9 to factory settings. The best way to do this is to use the free FonePaw program .
- Activate debugging mode in Android and connect the phone to the PC.
- Now you can click on “Backup & Restore” in FonePaw and create a backup.